BBQEmergency.com Listener Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBQEmergency.com Listener Forum

BBQ, Barbeque, Barbecue, Bar-B-Q, Bar-B-Que, or just plain ol’ Que...However you spell it, this is the place to find out all about this traditionally Southern low & slow style of cookng. Tips, tricks, recipes, ideas, and competition secrets.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smokin_tarheel

smokin_tarheel

Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans Empty
PostSubject: Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans   Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 am

Hello,
Did anyone else cook this past weekend? I did and these are my fixins.
I rub down some spare ribs and a split chicken Friday night and put it in the frige. I took them out Saturday morning and let them warm up to room temp. while I was getting the smoker hot.
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02893
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02898
I got them cooking and here I am trying to get a picture of the thin light blue smoke coming from the smoker but it would not show up.
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02899
While the chicken and ribs were cookin I put on a pot of dried lima beans and smoked pork neck bones. You have got to remember, I live in the woods in North Carolina and this is good eatin for us. This is what I was raised on
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02904
Cover the neck bones and beans with water. Cut up a med. onion in them and cook until the beans are done.
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02905
Serve the beans on some good old rice.
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02908
I cooked the ribs 3 hours at 250 and them wrapped them in foil and cooked them another hour. At the end of the 4th hour I took the chicken and ribs off the smoker and wrapped the chicken in foil. I put BBQ sauce in the foil and put them in the oven for 1 hour at 200.
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02910
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02911
The finished plate, plenty of black pepper on the beans and rice.
Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans DCP02914 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://billspage.embarqspace.com
BanditBBQ

BanditBBQ

PostSubject: Re: Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans   Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:00 am

Two words...

OH BABY!

Man, that looks awesome! cyclops The last picture is just about enough to make me want to take an early lunch today. What a Face But I had to remind myself that I couldn't get to your house and back on my lunch hour...you lucked out, I'm not showing up today.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Bring 'em on anytime!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino
Back to top Go down
http://www.BanditBBQ.com
Cast & Que

Cast & Que

PostSubject: Re: Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans   Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 am

That's some good looking food.

Thanks for the pictures.

I am planning on cooking next weekend. Maybe some ribs, and fried turkey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.castandque.com
smokin_tarheel

smokin_tarheel

PostSubject: Re: Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans   Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Take some picture, I like to see them.

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://billspage.embarqspace.com
Cast & Que

Cast & Que

PostSubject: Re: Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans   Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:58 pm

I moved this to the smoking section.

Chuck
Back to top Go down
http://www.castandque.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans   Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans Empty

Back to top Go down

Back yard ribs, chicken and smoked neck bones with lima beans
Page 1 of 1